Plastic Parts Direct is a well-established plastic injection moulding company with a great working environment based in Banbury, Oxfordshire.
Due to an increase in work and consequent expansion, in 2020 we will be actively looking for an experienced toolmaker & CNC machinist to join our team to work in a modern well-equipped Tool Room on plastic injection mould tools and components.
If you think you have what it takes to work in a progressive forward-thinking company with great benefits then please reply in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org including your cv or a brief summary of your education and experience so far.
Toolmaker or CNC machinist
Time served or apprentice trained Toolmaker or CNC machinist.
Proven post apprenticeship experience in a similar mould toolmaking or CNC position.
Ideally, you will be an experienced engineering professional with a background working in a
plastics manufacturing based environment. This is not essential for the CNC machinist position.
Knowledge, analytical and problem-solving skills in tooling & moulding would be advantageous.
In addition to the required professional and technical expertise, candidates will be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to work and solve problems under their own initiative.
The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, with sound commercial judgement, and determined to meet or exceed targets.
The ability to get on with others and to work as part of a team is essential and is equally as important as technical experience.
- Manufacturing and assembling of new plastic injection mould tools using a full range of Tool Room equipment from detailed customer drawings or 3D Models.
- Any CAD experience utilising Solidworks would be extremely advantageous but not essential.
- Preparing cutter path programs for CNC machining.
- Repairing existing mould tooling
- CNC/CAD-CAM and EDM experience essential.
- Utilising CNC, manual lathes, mills and spark erosion.
- Supporting the manufacture and validation of new tooling and ensuring the appropriate standard and quality of work is delivered.
- Planning, executing and completing all activities related to mould tooling.
- Working with the tooling sales department and the toolroom lead on new tooling, plus supporting the Production team in the technical assessment of tooling issues.
- Preventative maintenance of tooling.
- Knowledge of CNC Milling, manual lathe and mill work essential. EDM experience advantageous but not critical.
- Ability to assemble and fit mould tool components.
- Ability to set up machining centres very accurately to run predetermined tooling and cutter paths.
- Cutter path generation experience advantageous but not essential.
- Able to work under their own initiative.
- Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience.
- Bonus scheme, pension and private medical insurance included.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent